Image Map

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Currently


Hello September! I'm linking  up today with Farley from Oh Boy Fourth Grade for September Currently. I am so excited for September, some of my close friends are getting married, I'm going to Gatlinburg, TN for a mini-vacation and on the 27th I will be married one year!! It's a very busy month for me! 


I am currently listening to my Americas Got Talent on the T.V. in the living room. It's not my favorite show but my husband likes it so I watch it with him from time to time. There is a pretty cool mindreader on there right now! 

I am LOVING Donors Choose. How many of you have used this before? Let me say, when I first heard about it I was quite the skeptic, but I went for it and got my first project for a iPad Mini funded before school was out last year. They have this summer break rule where they won't send anything if you have less than 20 days in the school year, which was my case last year. So about a week after school started this year we got our iPad, which we LOVE. Immediately I had to go back for more and I've gotten two Chromebooks funded since school started on August 5th. If you haven't tried this, you MUST give it a go. 

Even though we've been in school almost a full month, I am still teacher tired. Getting back into the routine of things has really kicked my butt! Hopefully this three day weekend coming up and my mini-vaction will help me get rested! 

I. Love. Fall. I love EVERYTHING about fall, hoodies, cooler weather, chili, football and pumpkin everything. Even though it still 90 degrees here in Kentucky I am ready for everything fall and pumpkin. Bring on the pumpkin cookies, scones, lattes, cakes and whatever else can be pumpkin. 

I need it to be Saturday. Not only because this is a three day weekend for me because of Labor Day, but because I am getting a haircut and I cannot remember the last time I got this mop cut. Its in need of some serious trimming! 

Finally, three goals. My final grad class started Monday and it seems to be a busy one so I want to stay on top of this class. The hardest part for me is keeping track of my clinical hours and making sure that I am recording those, so my goal is to stay on top of getting those on paper! Sometimes it is so hard to stay positive while teaching, going to school and dealing with the daily crazy of every day so this year I want to stay positive! Finally, with everything I've got going on, just like everyone else, I want to slow down and appreciate the better things in life. 

What have you been up to? I can't wait to hear. 

6 comments:

  1. Donors choose is awesome; I've had some projects funded, mostly for books! Good luck with grad school and yes, you definitely have to stop and smell the roses, make time for that for sure! Happy Back to School!
    Michelle
    BigTime Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DC! I have had 4 projects funded, but my favorite one was our 6 hokki stools! I need to take care of my hair...I don't like to spend money on myself, haha. I started Grad School last week...best of luck with your final class! :)
    Lindsey
    Miss Johnston's Journey
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your iPad funded. I got one too and I was so excited!! I love your goal to slow down and appreciate life!! Such an important goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on getting your Donors Chose projects funded! That is fantastic. I love fall, too. And good luck on your grad class. I know you will be relieved when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Fancy in Fifth. I'm not so fancy in fifth! lol J.k. But I teach 5th too! I've wanted to try Donors Choose, but I don't have a lot of local support sometimes and I'm not a social butterfly on facebook, so I worry that I may get rejected. I've entered a lot of local contests... but I never win. Maybe I need to look into things more! Great Currently!

    Jessica
    The Whimsical Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck in Grad school. It will be over before you know it...and will be COMPLETELY worth it!

    ReplyDelete