Image Map

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Peek at My Week



This year seems to be flying by! I can't believe its already November and I'm in full swing of using my November resources! I am linking up with Mrs. Willis Kindergarten to show you a peek at my week! 


This week we are using my Thanksgiving Spinners for morning work. My kids really love this for morning work because they get to use their phones, tablets or iPads to use the QR self checking sheet and I love this resource because it hits so many 5th grade writing standards, its a win-win for everyone! 

In reading we are working on idioms, proverbs and adages. We will have our unit test on Thursday and I LOVE this  Close Reading Passage resource from the ever so talented Jennifer Findley. I just these passages as open responses for my unit assessments. Writing we are working on the dreaded on demand writing and conferencing with our pieces. 


 In social studies we are working on exploration and we will begin to look into the first official colonies in the New World. My students have a wide variety of background knowledge on this topic so these differentiated passages really come in handy for me.  

Math is my FAVORITE subject to teach and I find that adding and subtracting decimals is one of the most important skills that I teach because students will need to have this skill for the 'real world'. I recently found a new teacher blogger that I LOVE. She has some awesome ideas on how to keep students engaged during math which I love. I will be using her Game of Life resource on Tuesday to have my students practice their decimal skills. Also, I will be assessing my students on Friday with an oldie but goodie from my store. This workshop model resource challenges my students thinking and I love it.



In my math RTI I actually have two groups. One of them we will be working on multi-digit multiplication with my Fall Themed Multiplication product. These are some of my more struggling students who need continual review. I am also going to be working with another group on decimal skills with my Fallin' for Decimals resource.


I hope you have a great week and can't wait to see what you are up to this week.


Update: I have made changes to my workshop model resource for adding and subtracting decimals. I have added it as a freebie in my store until 10:00 p.m. when Castle comes on! Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment