Image Map

Sunday, March 13, 2016

March Pinterest Pick 3


This week I am linking up with Inspired Owl's Corner for the March Pinterest Party. Pinterest is a go to resource that I use when I need to get the creative juices going. More often than not I find exactly what I am looking for, or I get an awesome idea while searching around. 


I've said it before and I will say it a million more times, Jennifer Findley from Teaching to Inspire is one of my all time favorite teacher bloggers. When I am looking for a holiday themed resource, she is the gal I go to and for March she came through! 


One of may favorite resources that she provided for March was FREE! I love to incorporate picture books into my 5th grade classroom and Jennifer provided resources for March themed picture books. My students love to use them during the Daily Five for word work. 

I also have almost all of her St. Patrick's Day task cards for math and the writing centers. My students love them! 


Another awesome resource that I found on my Pinterest search was from Amber at Peppy Zesty Teacherista


She has so many resources for the book "Fiona's Luck" which is one of the books that Jennifer Findley blogs about. I love that she provides QR codes which totally engage my 5th grade students. With both of these resources from Jennifer Findley and Amber I've been able to us Fiona's Luck in my word work center all month. 


For my last Pinterest find I found an awesome idea for a student gift on St. Patrick's Day.


I found this back to school Lucky Charms cereal bag topper from Third Grade Thoughts and I knew that I had to so something similar for my students. So I created St. Patrick's Day bag toppers to put on the cereal instead of back to school toppers. 



I also wanted my students to have an authentic task that they could complete while eating their cereal so I created a writing prompt for them to complete as well. You can find this resource here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment